The Hunter is the scrapped 3rd puppet seen in the early art of 123 Slaughter Me Street In the first game, and is one of the puppets featured on the Foggel Friends poster. The Hunter was scrapped and replaced by The Waiter, due to budget. They were teased to appear in 123 Slaughter Me Street 2 as a demon, but was ultimately scrapped again due to time constraints. The Hunter is set to make his physical appearance in 123 Slaughter Me Street: Evolutions.
In the first game's art, The Hunter bears a strong resemblance to the Sesame Street character the Snuffleupagus, with small bloodshot eyes with blue irises. His fur is brown in color. He also has small elephant-like ears and curled horns on his forehead with two smaller horns poking outwards. His body in his original art is mostly obstructed, but it can be assumed that it would resemble Snuffleupagus' body, as he is likely based on the puppet in design,and it also looks like an elephant.
In the second game's art, the Hunter is brown with short black horns and yellow reptilian eyes, and he has a long trunk with three pairs of 'tentacles' coming out from below. The tentacles are covered with what seem to be nostrils. His body resembles greatly to the real-life elephant, or Mastodon. Each pair of feet sport four long talons. His eyes are yellow and with a black slit as a pupil.and
In the unused model however, Hunter's trunk instead has one pair of trunks sprouting off of it. The trunk for the model is also notably has a different texture and color than the rest of the body, instead matching his feet. The trunks also lack the nostrils seen in the teaser art. He also has sharp teeth behind his trunk.
In Evolutions, It's not entirely known what his orignal model looked like due to most pictures of it is shown in darkness. However, in his teaser image he appears to be a brownish color with red glowing eyes and seemingly wider horns that are a darker brown.
All that is known is that he would have charged towards the player when encountered, and possibly actively hunt the player. In Slaughter Me Street Evolutions, it seems he will randomly appear and charge at you, and you have to hit him with your flashlight to survive.
- The Hunter resembles the Snuffleupagus species in the children's program Sesame Street, A puppet that is full bodied, manned by two puppeteers and have controls for the trunk and mouth.
- It is unknown what the Hunter actually symbolized if anything at all. In the first game he can be assumed that he would have symbolized the same thing as the Waiter. It is also possible that he was scrapped when the idea of symbolism was not thought of.
- Despite his "scrapped" status, the Hunter still appears on the Foggel Friends poster in both games, and the teaser art for both games.
- It is possible that the Hunter still exists in the show the posters are about despite being scrapped constantly in the games, but it may also be possible that Tim Denson himself scrapped him out later on after he finished making the poster for the Foggel Friends show.
- He also appears as one of the eight collectible coins from the second game.
- At the end of Wilbium Mohlenhoff's "Follow Greet Wait Repeat - Remix 123 Slaughter Me Street 2 Promo Video", there is a wire-frame of the Hunter's model displayed.
- Also, Wilbium left a reply to the user's comment where it asks about the puppet's name with "The Hunter. Coming soon.", possibly hinting that the Hunter will appear either in the third game or the second game's DLC/update as promised.
- Interestingly enough, The Model has been worked on to the point of Fur testing as seen on Wilbium's channel on July 24, 2018. As of today it's still not in the game.
- In the second game's teaser, the Hunter originally sported seven tentacled-trunks instead of three.
- The ears of the Hunter indicate that he is most likely based on an Asian elephant.
- If the mock ups from the Odd Stories channel were to be believed he was also planned to appear in SMS 3 once again as a demon.
- However, Due to IGS not being associated with this channel, this is not offical and it's appearance shouldn't be considered as canon.
- In a recent teaser on Impulse Game Studios' website for 123 Slaughter Me Street: Evolutions, the name of the file is called "Hunter_Needs_Light" with a darkened picture of The Hunter in a corridor in the upcoming remake of the first game, hinting that he will finally make an appearance as a enemy in a 123 Slaughter Me Street game.
- It was revealed in a Twitch Stream rigging one of the puppet's for SMS: Evolutions that the Hunter's real name is Henry.
- This name is one of the few names that doesn't play off of the puppet's "title", the other being Gomez (whom is pressumably a small Nightmare spawn).
|Follower (Demon) • Greeter (Demon) • Greeter (Revenge) • Hunter • Mr. Pig • Nightmare • Screamer • Seeker • Waiter (Demon)|