|“||Turning around and using your light is important. Growls are good, remember that.||”|
— Hint from Floor 7
The Follower is a furry, turquoise, humanoid-goat puppet that has brownish horns spiralling behind his head and has a medium height. He also has goat-like ears that are about the size of his eyes, as well as fangs with blood dripping from his mouth from the left side. He has matted fur like most of his counterparts. He has no fingers as his hands resemble mittens, as well as no toes.
In the first game, his eyes are black with white pupils and grey sockets. In the second game, however, his eyes are blue, along with the others.
The Follower has a much different mechanic than his other companions. He can only move without being watched. As the player moves up through the hallway, the Follower will appear. As the floor progresses, the player must check behind themselves to see if the Follower is lurking there. Once the player shines the flashlight, he will cover his eyes and lurch back, trembling in fear. Depending on how long the player stops to check on him, he'll quickly and quietly catch up and kill the player.
|“||Oh yeah, remember, keep your light on at the stairs.||”|
— Hint after the player is killed by The Follower at the stairs.
Also, the player must not forget to keep the flashlight on the stairs, or The Follower will ambush and kill the player.
The reason why it makes sense for him to be called "the Follower" since he follows the player in the linear hallways of the abandoned building. It is also the way that the police chased after the criminal.
- The Follower was drastically changed throughout the development progress. These changes include:
- Having long fur on his mock uplook.
- Having black eyes with white glowing pupils.
- Having a navy-blue fur color.
- The Follower may be based on the character Cookie Monster from the children's show Sesame Street.
- There's an error where when close to the player, the Follower's arm will clip through one of the doorways.
- The Follower was probably the first puppet to be modeled since he was the first one shown and is called "Muppet 1" in the game files.
- He and the other puppets from the first game have plushies you can buy.
- His real name is Wollof. This was first seen in a teaser for SMS: Evolutions, where The Follower is dancing.
- The Follower, in a cute state, appears in an easter egg in 123 SMS 2. This easter egg is called "fluffy town". The image used was originally made by Creeperchild, a digital artist on DeviantArt, where they drew the puppets in a cuddly form.
|Follower (Demon) • Greeter (Demon) • Greeter (Revenge) • Hunter • Mr. Pig • Nightmare • Screamer • Seeker • Waiter (Demon)|